- The statement of novelty shall appear on the front of the first sheet of each representations.
- A statement of novelty shall be separated with any other statement or "disclaimer".
- A statement of the novelty is not required for designs, intended to be applied to a textile article, to wall paper or similar wall covering or to lace or to sets of textile articles or lace.
- The statement of novelty must not include any description of the use of the article or its features, or its advantages or method of construction.
- The statement of novelty must be specified in English and can be expressed for example: in the following way:
"The features of the design for which novelty is claimed are the (*pattern and ornamentation / *shape and configuration) of the article as shown in the representations".
(*delete as appropriate)
(Click image for full size)